Gusto Gelato & Caffe


Ice cream is the one of the most wanted food in the world, especially if you come to the hot country like Indonesia. Long time ago few ice cream cafe we can find easily in Seminyak street-Bali or another street close by. But, by the time they close. I don't know why, are people not interested with Ice cream anymore because their diet system?
Less the Ice cream place in Seminyak is not the meaning nothing. Some my friends recommend me to visit one Ice cream cafe in Jl. Mertanadi (Mertanadi Street), The name is Gusto Gelato. I don't find any sign in the street that guide me to Gusto or maybe I miss it. The location of the Ice cream cafe is in the left side of Jl. Mertanadi if you come from Jl. Tangkuban perahu ( Tangkuban Perahu street), but just let you know that Jl. Tangkuban perahu is always crowded especially in the afternoon try to avoid this street as much as you can, this time I forgot about that. Better you take the direction from sunset road and the Gusto location will be in the right side. You must drive carefully when you already in Jl. Mertanadi because the place is so easy to miss it.
Now I am there. First thing that I love they have car park even not so big but enough, trust me that is very rare found in Seminyak area. So, I don't need fighting so much to park the car this time. The building of Gusto Gelato is look small if you see from the front, but in this live better if we not judge from something that we see, lets know more by coming inside.
Enter!!!!
This place is not cafe that you can sit and the waiters/waitress will come and visit you to pick up your order. This place kind of self service cafe. The first thing that you do for do the order is you go to cashier choose what is the package type that you want which displayed on the wall behind the cashier table.

They have Small, Medium, Large and Cone. The cheapest one is Cone package which just IDR 20. 000 you can get two scoops Ice cream with two flavors or just one flavor. This time I choose the Large package (Cup) Which the price is IDR. 65.000 and we can get 4 scoops Ice cream with 4 flavors ^_^. Honestly I just eat small plate salad this morning because I forgot for do the groceries, so I am sure that I can eat them.
After I pay to the cashier they allow us to move to Ice cream display. They look mouth watering.
Hokey Pokey, my first in love to that one. I saw honey spread on Ice cream that so tempted.
"That is too sweet " My friend try to remind me.
" Don't worry we have long beach to run here" I remind him back that we are in Bali. Diet also need holiday too, isn't it ? LOL.
So, difficult to make decisions about which flavor that I will take in my large cup. I want them all and I am hungry, but in another side I cannot spend my time tomorrow just for running even in the beach.
Ok, after hunting quite long, finally I got my decisions here they are Hokey Pokey ( Honey Ice cream), Ginger, Vanilla and Mango. My friend choose Ginger, Vanilla, Latte, and Red cherry.
Gusto Gelato have two areas for us. One is indoor the table set up in family and couple and outdoor area set up in family and couple also. Both of them is nice design, not luxury but friendly. I choose the garden place, more than I choose it because want to enjoy the sunlight, the real reason is I don't have another choice this place is almost full just two table in outdoor is available.I was worry that my Ice cream will melted faster because I sit outdoor area. But it was not, I finish them before the sun heat them. All the Ice cream is so smooth in my mouth, the taste is strong. If you choose Ginger it will be sweet smooth ginger come to your mouth, if you choose latte it will taste real smooth creamy latte. You can also mix some flavor in your cup and mix it together for get different new experience taste. But if you not a travel culinary like me, better choose the taste that you familiar with.
This place is always crowded, so don't expect the staff there always smiling to you sometimes they tired also. The most important are they serve you in the right way. My tips is before you come to the cashier table for choosing your package better you spend little bit time for hanging around the Ice cream display and choose first, that will save your times and also no body will stand behind you with upside feeling. No one be patience when they are in holiday and Bali is holiday place.


Gusto Gelato & Caffé
Monday – Saturday
10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Closed on Sunday
46B Jalan Mertanadi
Seminyak – Bali
+62 851 005 221 90
gusto.gelateria@gmail.com

  


0 komentar